- Live your life based on the commitments you make and keep. If you don't honour your commitments, it'll speak volumes about your character.
- Give people a chance. Everyone knows something about life and living that you don't. Take the time to find out.
- Don't try to be what everyone else thinks you should be. If you do, who will be you?
- Add value just because.
- Be curious. Always look for what you don't know, not only confirm what you already do.
- Always be a learner and if you don't know how, learn how to learn.
- Attitude is contagious so figure out what you want the contagion to be.
- People aren't clairvoyant. Tell them what you're thinking.
- Think future backwards.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Over the years, I've given and received some amazing advice from mentors, colleagues, students, family and friends. Some will sound familiar, some will be a reminder of what you were told but forgot and other advice, well, you choose whether or not it applies...
Posted by Donna Karlin at 3:49 pm