Thursday, June 03, 2010

Reading

Have I mentioned I love my Kindle?  As a tactile person I wondered how I'd take to this piece of technology. I love the feel of books, turning the pages, the texture of the paper so I'm surprised at how much I have grown to love my Kindle.

I am forever in airports, travelling for work, sometimes commuting to another country for a day at a time. There is something to be said about travelling light, taking my Kindle out at the airport or in another city or country, reading my newspaper from home, being able to call up and download a book in seconds that would benefit me and my clients and being able to take 20 or 30 books with me as reference points, all in this light weight, easy to read piece of technology.

What does that mean for me though?  Bottom line? I'm reading twice as much as I did before. I can read in the in-between times.  I read the paper from cover to cover because I can pick it up everywhere and can read fiction, business books even documents I would have had to wait to get back to my office to access before.

Ahh tech life is good!

Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation)

No comments: