Thursday, September 27, 2007

What Would I Do With Extra Time?

I'm sitting here working on my Time Mastery Program thinking of a challenge I was asked to take part in a couple of weeks ago with regards to "What would I do with an extra 36 hours..."

A question that comes to mind is, before you decide what you would do with that gift of time, and assuming for a moment you would use that time for play and not work, could you disconnect? What I mean by that is, could you disconnect from the office, from your cell phone, BlackBerry, any other means of electronic communication device so you could truly free up that time for play?

If you can't disconnect, you're not truly present and missing out on the amazing gift being given to you. And if you can't disconnect, what is it you really have to look at to enjoy the time you already have?

One other thing comes to mind. Even in answering the question "What would you do with an extra 36 hours?", for me the answer would continually change as my life changes, circumstances change and, most importantly would depend on the people in my life.

Remember to rethink, redefine and re-evaluate. Time is a fleeting moment after moment gift, never to be recaptured...same as the special moments with those special people in our lives. What is lost cannot be recaptured. Time never stands still. Respect it and how you treat it and others and the rest will unfold as it should.

Best!
Donna Karlin

No comments: