Sunday, January 27, 2008

Daring to Imagine

It’s been a very busy time for me as a Shadow Coach™. One of the things I love being able to do as I run from client to client is to ‘hang out’ in an office space between sessions and observe what’s going on. For many the routine is way too repetitive and they lose a sense of adventure in their day to day worlds. Can they dare to imagine they can have a different life? Many don’t even want to ‘go there’ as if they’re disappointed their life will seem even more mundane than it was before.

What if you did dare, though? What if you realized your life could be as great as you imagined and then some if you just gave yourself the freedom to explore what’s possible and the presence of mind to look at the life you’re living right now through new eyes?

Rabindranath Tagore says “Do not say,"it is morning," and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.” Make it something new, create and learn something new, regardless of circumstance. I really mean it when I say I can’t wait to jump into the deep end of every day. Because of that I have met the most extraordinary people some of whom have changed and enriched my life a thousand fold. If I didn’t take that chance I would never have known. I’d never know what I was missing as all that would be left would be a boxed in existence. I’d never know what I’ve yet to imagine because until I take those chances I don’t know what that might look like.

We live in our worlds…the worlds we know and are comfortable in. Just think of how much we’re not paying attention to along the way and unless we make a conscious choice to look further, live in a broader world we won’t know what there is. Daring to imagine brings it all front and center. Nothing is impossible. Remember that. It’s just how to get there that you have to figure out, and oh…is it ever worth it!

Best..
Donna Karlin

*Note: Welcome 121st country subscriber from Bolivia! We hope you enjoy what you read and stay awhile.

No comments: