Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Change Master

I just finished reading MJ Ryan's manifesto called Change Master. " In order to not merely to survive, but to thrive during the greatest period of transformation humans have ever experienced, we are all being called on to stretch mentally, emotionally, and spiritually into the future."

Now how relevant is this? There isn't a client organization I walk into these days that isn't dealing with change, transformation, downsizing, staffing up, redefining, centralizing, de-centralizing, going virtual...you name it. Change is a constant and until you're able to contextualize it and integrate it into what you do every day, you're going to struggle.

This manifesto is a keeper. Read it. At least twice. Share it with others and then discuss it. You'll be amazed at what emerges.

And here's a book that I just bought on my Kindle that's giving me a great deal of food for thought and to get me going on a few projects. "GIST" ("great ideas for starting things"). If you want to check it out, first link is for books, second for Kindle.


 

No comments: