Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Looking Forward to the Possibilities

For years now, I’ve signed many a letter and email with “I look forward to the possibilities”. def. Possible …. that something may happen, exist, be true, or be realizable.

Even if there is an inkling that it may happen, may come to light is enough to make me jump in with both feet. And when it does happen, I’m on top of the world, not only because something I really wanted happened but because I attempted it in the first place. My two favourite words….possibility and serendipity. One flows into the other.

Being open to possibilities makes things happen. For years I’ve wanted to teach Shadow Coaching ™ to seasoned coaches and waited for the right time and interest to see where this would go. After the ICF conference and being inundated with requests to teach and start a school from people who had heard me speak years ago, I decided if I did start my own School of Shadow Coaching ™ I could create my own possibilities. So stay tuned as it’s in the works!

If I could do one thing for clients, friends and family alike it would be to help them see the concept of possibility….to get out of their routines and well-planned lives at least in some way and reach out for an elusive dream….something they’ve thought about but shelved for years. Almost anything is possible, however you’ll never know if you don’t take that first step to making it happen. I hear from people who have lived trauma, injury, illness and they are the first to reach out to whatever is possible in their lives. Why not those who haven’t? Why would it take a traumatic experience in your life to go after a dream? Makes no sense to me!

Last Saturday I watched Ben Zander, the conductor of the Boston Philharmonic coach a quartet of young musicians in Quebec City. Do you think a year ago, in their wildest dreams they thought it would be possible to perform for him, never mind be coached by such an extraordinary conductor? It wasn’t only possible but it happened.

Think impossible and dreams get discarded, projects get abandoned, and hope for wellness is torpedoed. But let someone yell the words “It's possible” and resources we hadn't been aware of come rushing in to assist us in our quest. “ - Greg Anderson

Remember…..how we dream is what gives our lives value. And how we choose to live is what determines whether or not our dreams have value.

Looking forward to the possibilities..
Donna Karlin

No comments: