- Wade through emails and be thrilled when the number in your inbox is diminishing
- Answer the phone every time it rings, just because it rings
- Cross off the L O N G to do list which was generated for whatever reason, without considering whether everything on there is important or not
- Fulfill an obligation even though neither of you might benefitting from it
- Try to anticipate roadblocks and build in safe guards "just in case", often creating them in the process
- Aim for "good enought to pass"
Or, you can...
- Create a team or community of practice / interest where you can collectively bring your best to the table to pack a punch
- Instead of wading through a to-do list, ask yourself "What do I absolutely have to do?" and "What do I absolutely have to NOT do?"
- Give value just because (in other words, for no specific reason at all)
- Open yours (and other's) minds to possibility rather than worrying about potential pitfalls and problems
- Define excellence rather than a passing grade or mediocrity
- Give up worry and replace it with focus and action
Your choice....or not