Monday, July 25, 2005

A Milestone…..All of a sudden there were 50….and then there were 51!

Two years and a bit ago I jumped into the world of blogging. I remember coming home from a conference in San Francisco right after Thomas died (Thomas Leonard) half my mind thinking that he should have been there…and somewhere in the back of my mind I heard Hal speaking about blogging, a term I had never come across before. Instantly my attention focused on this new concept, at least for me …. a way to hone my writing skills, get the word out about what I was doing within the Coaching industry and to create some kind of interactive conversation amongst coaches and clients.

I remember when I got home, walking into my son’s room, all smug because FINALLY I’d know about something in technology that he never heard of and asked “Mike….do you know what a blog is? (a smirk on my face while I asked). Oh the 5 seconds of glory! He turned to me and said “Sure! I’ve had one for 6 months now!”

Well so much for that.

Now, two years later, I was checking the subscription page to see that someone from country 50 just signed up to Perspectives. FIFTY! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d have regular readers from 50 countries coming by to read, comment and email their three cents. And before I could write a post to celebrate that milestone, another subscriber came on board, making it 51!

So, welcome 50th subscriber from Oman and the 51st from Brunei Darussalam.

I hope you stay for a long time and share your perspectives, insights and ways of being as we create a community of like minded and not so like minded individuals. Through your comments and ideas, all of us will learn in ways we never imagined.

Someone once asked me why I blog as it takes commitment and time, which is always at a premium.

My answer is simple. To connect, to learn, to grow and experience life through your eyes.

And through my growth will come the growth of others…. students, colleagues and clients alike.

If nothing else, writing about life will help me to take a step back and acknowledge what’s happening within it and not be so busy or so caught up in my world that I fail to see the rest of the world around me.

Let me know if there are specific subjects you’d like to hear more about and I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime thanks for dropping by and spending a few moments here to help me celebrate this personal milestone, for it’s you I’m celebrating after all : )

Best!
Donna Karlin

No comments: