Monday, July 31, 2006

People Who Let Go of Outcomes Lead Fulfilled Lives

People limit themselves without realizing it by reacting to situations, rather than responding and broadening their horizons.

People who communicate their expectations are very likely to have them met.

It's all about the laws of attraction. If you figure out who you need to talk to in order to explore the possibilities and what that conversation needs to look like, then you'll see and learn far more than you ever thought possible.

When I speak at conferences and teach master level coaches it constantly blows them away that I have no business plan. When I first started out in this profession, I didn't try to figure out where my business will end up 5 years later. What I did do was try to figure out who I needed to meet with, hang out with and interact with, to become absolutely masterful at what I do so I could have a strong foundation and create something of my own that would work for me and my clients.

I started saying yes to every opportunity, later figuring out what worked for me and what didn't and now I say no to what won't grow me in some way so I have time to say yes to what will. Business plan? No way. I see more people who are so fixated on their business plan they miss opportunities at every turn.

If you have a business plan and it's inflexible, toss it.

Once you let go of your business expectations there is no limit to how high you can fly as you'll be open to whatever possibilities come your way.

Best!
Donna Karlin

No comments: