Friday, January 19, 2007

The Concept of The Gift of Time

Recently I was asked a fascinating question which, of course, I asked others in turn (hey I AM a Coach and we do questions very well). The question was "If you had an extra 15 minutes in your day, how would you use it?"

The first thoughts that came to mind were clarifying questions as I know my clients would ask me the same ones. "Do you mean during the work day? at home? my day overall?" Valid questions, however the truth comes through return questioning, as often people want you to give them permission (in this indirect way) to choose to take a special gift such as extra time and use it in a specific way that means a lot to them and that might mean being a bit selfish. There isn't a right or wrong answer to this. It's not a trick question. And as it's not possible, at least in this day and age, it's a hypothetical one...but an important, valid one.

Some of the answers were fascinating. I'll share them with you next time around because for now I would really love to hear how you would answer it.

Best!
Donna Karlin

No comments: