Saturday, August 14, 2010

What's Changed in the World of Blackberry?

The constant here is Blackberry's reliability (as reliable as one can be in the world of technology) and consistency. I've been using a Blackberry as far back as I can remember. It almost never lets me down, and keeps me connected no matter where I am in the world.  In times of crisis, my clients can reach me and I can support them in whatever manner necessary and while keeping confidentiality which is paramount in my profession.  That too is a given. None of that has changed.

The Berry is a technology tool and, unlike what some people think, doesn't have a mind of its own (although hmmm sometimes I wonder) All those are givens.  Nothing's changed there either.

Controversy abounds around Blackberry because of its reliability.  What a concept. 

What has changed is how some people view that reliability and security as a potential threat. In order to be reliable, RIM has to exist and be profitable. In order to be profitable, they have to, in some way without compromising their integrity, make sure they don't alienate countries that buy the product and keep it profitable.

That's where the conversation has to happen...within the place where everyone feels supported, non-threatened and the company can thrive. It's about behavior, expectations, assumptions and accountability. That's the conversation I want to be a part of. You?

1 comment:

Petrus Hansen said...

I totally agree with you. I never leave home without my BB. No matter what business you are in, it is vital to be connected no matter where you are.

I bet all these top business leaders and Fortune 500 CEOs featured here at Meet The Boss TV have a BB...=)