Friday, December 31, 2004

Something to Think About for the New Year

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier" - Mother Teresa

Every year I write a blog with my New Year's thoughts and wishes for you and was sitting here thinking of what I wanted to say....what I wanted to share.

I do believe that it's what we give in life that makes a difference not what we get, and for those who are takers....who want to know what's in it for them, they are always disappointed. In giving, sometimes it's the easiest thing that makes the most difference; giving not only the gift of your time, but attention.....the gift of an ear without your two cents attached, and the gift of a hug when there aren't words or, just because hugs are a great thing to give!

Then I came across this quote that says it all. For if we all adapted this way of being, could you imagine what our lives would be like? So I leave you with the wisdom of these words along with wishes for a very joyful, fulfilling, wonderful year to come.

All the best for 2005!
Donna Karlin

No comments: