Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I've had many insights since the Future of Coaching Conference in San Francisco. A huge one for me is about our children. Instead of always telling our kids what to do, it's better to instill values in them which will make them independent and live their lives with integrity. However they were not meant to be our clones. I learn something new from my son every day. He is headed on a different path than me and, if encouraged to be the best he can be will fly at whatever he chooses to do in life. He and other kids are our future. They learn new things, process them differently than we do and, if we sit back and watch we can learn so much from them....a collaboration of sorts....our wisdom and experience combined with their knowledge and enthusiasm.

Mind boggling!

Best!
Donna


No comments: