Saturday, October 11, 2003

Our Highest Potential

"There comes that mysterious meeting in life when someone acknowledges who we are and what we can be, igniting the circuits of our highest potential." - Rusty Berkus

Years ago I met someone who would change my outlook on life forever. He saw what I could be if I would only get out of my way....refused to acknowledge there was anything I couldn’t do if I just put my mind to it. I have no idea what fates conspired for us to meet, but we did and it changed my life forever.

Life circumstances guided me into the work I do now. The inner certainty that I’m doing exactly what it is I was meant to do, keeps me here.....and inspires me to learn and grow.

And in working with people in various stages of their lives, I see in them the best they can be and mirror it back to them. If we see greatness in others, they will give it willingly. And if we expect nothing, we’ll get nothing back. People
need to feel we see their value and talents. If all we do is point out their weaknesses, that’s how they’ll measure themselves.

Voltaire said "Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."

There is good in everybody. Boost what you see possible in them....don’t knock and you’ll get exactly what it is you’re seeing.

Best...
Donna Karlin

No comments: